Why use blue light and not UV light?
1. UV light damages the DNA sequence
2. DNA electrophoresis mobility is reduced after exposure to UV light
3. Cloning efficiency is reduced after exposure to UV light
The B-BOX™ is a long wavelength, blue light LED epi-illuminator. Compact design and robust in structure. Due to its non-UV light source, non-carcinogenic DNA/ Protein dye, and a low operating voltage of only 12 volts it provides an unprecedented level of safety for users.
The B-BOX™ also comes with amber colored filter goggles and high quality non-flickering LED lights that are highly sensitive for DNA and protein dye.
B-BOX™ can greatly ease the routine chore of gel extraction, enabling easy visualization and gel cutting even in bright ambient light. The Multi-angle filter plate provides optimal angles for gel cutting, visualization, and documentation. Finally, a built in barrier system built around the working area helps facilitate cleaning.
• Improved Cloning efficiency
• Compact, lightweight, and portable(less than 1 kg or 2lbs in weight)
• Safe, B-BOX™ features a blue light wavelength of 470nm that keeps its user safe from UV radiation
• Compatible with non-carcinogenic and non-ethidum bromide DNA staining dye
• User friendly: samples are easy to visualize (when using the filter plate or goggles)
• LED light source lasts up to 50,000 hours
• Superior detection sensitivity using ≤ 0.1 ng of DNA using FluoroStain DNA Fluorescent Staining Dye.
≤3 ng of protein when using FluoroStain Protein Fluorescent Staining Dye (as sensitive as silver stain)
• Adjustable and removable filter plate that allows for gel cutting, visualization, and documentation
• Built in barrier design for easy clean up
• Visible in bright ambient light
• Emphasizes minimal power reliance, low heat generation, with its own built in heat sink
• Overall Dimension (mm): 201.4 x 200 x 38 (D x W x H)
• Viewing Area (mm): 158 x 96 (D x W)
• Wavelength of LED (nm): 470
• Number of LED Unit: 72 Super Flux LED
• Power: DC 12 Volt, 0.72 Amp
• Electrical Requirements: AC 100~240 V, 50/60 Hz (Adapter)
• Weight (kg): 0.95 (Net Weight)
• Dyes Recommended:
1. FluoroDye DNA Fluorescent Loading Dye
2. FluoroStain DNA Fluorescent Staining Dye for Nucleic Acid
3. FluoroStain Protein Fluorescent Staining Dye for Protein